Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Getting better!

Well, we are now four days past surgery and Sean is getting better!!! The day of his surgery (Friday) and Saturday were good days. Considering what he had been through, we thought he was doing remarkably well! Sunday and Monday were different stories. They say day three is the worst, and I believe it. You could tell from the moment he woke up (at 5:00 a.m.) on Sunday that he was in pain. He kept rubbing his neck and crying - and not a good cry. It was probably the most heartbreaking thing watching him point/rub at his neck and look at me like, "Mommy, make it stop hurting!"

Needless to say, we kept on top of the pain meds and tried to cuddle him as much as he would let us. Yesterday he took a four hour nap, and then slept from 8:00 p.m. - 7:15 a.m.! When I was hanging out on the couch with him this morning, I could tell he is dong MUCH better. I even commented to Jamie that I think we have our little boy back! Today we will start cutting his dose of the Tylenol with codeine down 0.5 ml each day, so that by this weekend we can hopefully be on just regular Tylenol as needed.

We've already noticed that his breathing is MAJORLY improved! In fact, we go in and check on him to make sure he's still breathing because for the first time since he was born, we can't hear him breathe through the monitor.

Jamie and I are splitting this week so that we can both get a little done work-wise, and today is my day at work... so... I'd better get going. More later!

0 comments: