Thursday, February 19, 2009

Grrrr

Seriously, don't they know not to mess with a pregnant woman? Okay, for those of you who have kids that were delivered by someone other than the doctor you planned on, just let me vent.

So, Dr. Dillard (my OB) is the best. Plain and simple - the best. Today I get a call that my May 6th appointment (the last one I have before my due date on the 11th) will have to be with the nurse practitioner, Kathy (of which I see every other time). Now don't get me wrong, I think Kathy is great, but she's not my doctor! Apparently Dr. Dillard is going to be at a conference the week of May 4th - the week PRIOR to my due date. But according to the lady that called to break the horrible news to me, "Well you'll just have to wait until she's back to have the baby!" Trust me, if I could have reached through the phone and smacked her, I would have. WHY, WHY, WHY do people think that even joking about having the baby late is funny??

I know, I know, doctors have the right to take time off and go to conferences, but not when I'm pregnant!!! I mean seriously, it's not like this conference is next month, it's the week before my due date (have I mentioned that already???).

With Sean, I was induced twice, the second time being the one that "took", and that brought us Sean three days early. Now granted during that whole ordeal, I saw two other doctors during the induction (they were the ones on call), and they were very nice, but Dr. Dillard was there for the delivery (and aftermath). :-)

Jamie says that this time will be totally different. I'll go early on my own (no inductions), only be in labor (and not back labor) for two hours, push once, and not tear. Yeah, this coming from the man who during his kidney stone ordeal was apologizing to me for having to go through labor in a couple of months! :-) Gotta love his optimism!

Who knows maybe he's right, but seriously, who does this to a pregnant woman????? Grrrr.

1 comments:

Heather, TJ, Brock, and Jillian said...

Oh, bless your sweet little heart! She'll be there, don't you worry, she will be there for the delivery! And Jamie is so right, this time is going to go much smoother! The second one is always easier I had heard, and after Jillian I am a firm believer.