Wednesday, June 22, 2011

5 Meals - 1 Hour: Week 2

Well, it's official... I LOVE Living, Laughing and Loving! If you are not a follower of her's, go... now! :-) She is so funny, and just makes me - a reader - feel like I've known her forever! She is the one who got me hooked on the 5 meals, one hour meal plan that I told you about here.

So how was week 1? A-M-A-Z-I-N-G! I mean, dinner made and eating in the snap of two fingers? Love it! Here is my review of last week's menu:

Monday - Balsamic Chicken
*Delish! Although I think next time I will use a little less dressing.

Tuesday - Tangy Meatballs
*I made fewer, smaller meatballs. Jamie thought it was a little too tangy, so next time I'm going to use my meatloaf recipe, but make meatballs instead. Loved it!

Wednesday - Ranch Pork Chops
*Super tasty, but VERY dry! I think next time I need bigger pork chops, or need to put them in frozen. Excellent flavor though!

Thursday - Broiled Steak Bites
*A new staple in our household! Really, REALLY good!!!!! Just needs to cook for only about 5 minutes to avoid overdrying the meat.

Friday - Blues, Brews, and BBQ Festival
*Okay, okay, I didn't cook this night, but the food at the festival was fantastic! Pictures to follow!

So what's on my menu for this week? Check it out! Don't forget to leave me a comment if you have a good recipe for me, or if you tried this new meal plan too!

Monday - Creamy Bacon Fettuccine

Tuesday - Meatloaf Pie

Wednesday - Onion Ring Chicken

Thursday - Caramelized Beef Skewers

Friday - Eat out!

Saturday and Sunday we'll have out-of-town visitors, so we'll be doing a lot of grilling. YUM!!!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Aw! You are too sweet! :) So glad you are enjoying my sometimes randomness! :) Glad your menu planning is still going well!